- Additional Traffic Marshals have been posted at the departure forecourt to
avoid vehicular congestion
- Board displaying least waiting time along with the entry gate number has been put up at Naka point to guide passengers in advance
- Display boards installed at all departure entry gates providing real time data regarding waiting time. The information on the same is being shared via social media
- Awareness poster at the entry gate for passengers to be ready with Air ticket/ Boarding pass and Identity proof document. Dedicated staff has been deployed at the entry gate to help passengers
- Two Additional entry gates have been opened for passenger entry
- Deployment of additional manpower by CISF done
- Deployment of additional X-ray machines for baggage check
- Monitoring through CCTV & Command Centre
- Use of Count Meter for Crowd Management
- Airport operator advised to reduce flights during the peak hour at T3 or shift them to other two terminals
- Airlines advised to deploy sufficient manpower at all check-in/baggage drop counters
- Air travellers encouraged to use DigiYatra, a Biometric Enabled Seamless Travel experience based on Facial Recognition Technology
- Airlines advised to have full compliance to Barcode on tickets issued to help easy flow of passengers at entry/security gates.
The information was shared by the government in Rajya Sabha – the upper house of Indian parliament.